TEXAS SCHOOL JOURNAL
TEXAS SCHOOL JOURNAL. The Texas School Journal began publication in January of 1883 with W. C. Rote as its editor. In April of 1883 the magazine merged with Orlando N. Hollingsworth's Texas Journal of Education. In August of that year Rote's name was removed from the masthead. The publishers were listed as the Texas Educational Journal Publishing Company of Houston. In 1914 the owners merged with yet another periodical, the Texas School Magazine, which had been published in Dallas since 1898. In 1926 the editor was H. T. Musselman, and production was located in Dallas. The magazine was devoted to the support and proper administration of Texas public schools. Its format included articles, editorials, individual school news, and state news. Originally a monthly publication, the journal was renamed the Texas School Board Journal in 1929. It ceased publication in 1930.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tracé Etienne-Gray, "TEXAS SCHOOL JOURNAL," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/edt15), accessed March 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.