CLAUDE NEWS. The Claude News, a weekly newspaper published in Armstrong County, grew out of the Claude Argus first published by W. S. Decker in 1890. Around 1891 the Argus merged with the Goodnight News to form the Claude News, first published by J. H. Hamner and later by Thomas T. Waggoner. In the 1990s the publisher was Phil Miller, and Jason Cartwright was editor. The circulation was 831.
Texas Newspaper Directory (Austin: Texas Press Service, 1991).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CLAUDE NEWS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eec16), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.