HOUSTON DAILY TIMES
HOUSTON DAILY TIMES. The Houston Daily Times, as well as the Houston Weekly Times, originated in Houston when A. H. Osborn and G. W. Lively bought the plant of the Houston National Intelligencer. The daily was published for city subscribers from March 4, 1840, until sometime the next month; the weekly, for country subscribers, appeared on April 2, 1840, and ran until July 1840. Both the daily and weekly Times were four-page, five-column sheets, measuring seventeen by twenty-four inches, that sought to publicize the city of Houston.
Joe B. Frantz, Newspapers of the Republic of Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940). WPA Historical Records Survey Program, Texas Newspapers (Houston: San Jacinto Museum of History Association, 1941).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "HOUSTON DAILY TIMES," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eehhw), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.