BRYAN AND CENTRAL TEXAS INTERURBAN RAILWAY
BRYAN AND CENTRAL TEXAS INTERURBAN RAILWAY. The Bryan and Central Texas Interurban Railway Company was chartered on April 11, 1913. By 1915 the company, with the encouragement of the Houston and Texas Central, had completed eleven miles between Bryan and Bryan Junction and slightly over twelve miles from Interurban Junction to Whittaker. The B&CTI entered receivership in January 1915. Available records indicate that the B&CTI did not operate its railroad as the company contracted with the Houston and Texas Central to provide freight service and with Mr. S. S. Hunter to handle the passenger business. The line was out of service during 1922 and was abandoned the following year.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nancy Beck Young, "BRYAN AND CENTRAL TEXAS INTERURBAN RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqb14), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.