LIPANTITLAN STATE HISTORIC SITE
LIPANTITLÁN STATE HISTORIC SITE. Lipantitlán State Historic Site is off Farm roads 624 and 70 just east of Orange Grove in far northwestern Nueces County. The five-acre park includes the site of the former Fort Lipantitlán, built by the Mexican government in 1831. The pioneer Bluntzer family donated the land to the state in 1937. The state Board of Control turned the land over to the State Parks Board in 1949. A stone marker was placed at the site in 1936, but by the 1980s no other improvements had been made aside from a few picnic tables.
Ray Miller, Texas Parks (Houston: Cordovan, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LIPANTITLAN STATE HISTORIC SITE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/gkl04), accessed August 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.