BUNKER HILL VILLAGE, TX
BUNKER HILL VILLAGE, TEXAS. Bunker Hill Village is an incorporated suburban community adjacent to Hedwig Village and Piney Point Village on the western edge of Houston, south of U.S. Highway 90, Interstate Highway 10, and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in southwestern Harris County. Earlier, German farmers had settled in the area and local residents established sawmills to cut timber. The 1936 county highway map showed scattered dwellings in the area near one of several sawmills. The community incorporated in December 1954 with a mayor-council form of city government and established restrictions to prohibit businesses. By 1966 Bunker Hill Village was an affluent neighborhood with two public schools and two churches. Its population grew from 2,216 in 1962 to 4,442 in 1981. In 2000 the population was 3,654.
Hedwig Village Gazette, July 4, 1986.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BUNKER HILL VILLAGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hgb12), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.