CROSS ROADS, TX (DENTON COUNTY)
CROSS ROADS, TEXAS (Denton County). Cross Roads, at the intersection of U.S. highways 377 and 380, four miles east of Denton in east central Denton County, came into existence as a result of the construction of Lake Dallas, which was completed in November 1927. In 1945 Cross Roads reported a population of fifty. By 1978 the number of residents had increased to 215, and in 1988 the population was estimated at 390. In 1990 it was 361. The population had grown to 603 by 2000.
C. A. Bridges, History of Denton, Texas, from Its Beginning to 1960 (Waco: Texian Press, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "CROSS ROADS, TX (DENTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlc61), accessed November 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles