HIGHLAND HAVEN, TX
HIGHLAND HAVEN, TEXAS. Highland Haven is a retirement community located off Farm Road 1431 about fifteen miles southwest of Burnet in southwestern Burnet County. This development on the upper end of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson probably began by the late 1960s or early 1970s. Named for the Highland Lakes region, Highland Haven had incorporated by the mid-1990s. In 2000 the population was 450.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "HIGHLAND HAVEN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlh72), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.