LAKESIDE VILLAGE, TX
LAKESIDE VILLAGE, TEXAS. Lakeside Village is on Lake Whitney at the junction of Farm roads 927 and 56, fifteen miles northeast of Meridian and fifty miles south of Fort Worth in northeastern Bosque County. The area, at the upstream end of the lake, is known as a fisherman's paradise. The community was first recognized in the late 1960s. Whitney Dam was built in the late 1940s and early 1950s. In 1951 Morgan Lakeside Park was established, and Lakeside Village grew up around it. In 1991 the park had a marina, a snack bar, a public boat ramp, boat docks, and a fishing barge, and the town had two convenience stores that sold bait and tackle, a cafe, a small community center, a volunteer fire department, and a Moose lodge. An RV park, a mobile home park, and cabins were available. Students attend school in the Kopperl Independent School District, four miles north of Lakeside Village. The residents of the area vote in Precinct 3 of Bosque County, once a traditional Democratic stronghold but by the early 2000s a Republican stronghold. Lakeside Village had a population of 375 in 1968 and 226 in 1990 and 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Kristi Strickland, "LAKESIDE VILLAGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hll83), accessed August 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.