MONAVILLE, TEXAS. Monaville is on Farm Road 359 near Harris Creek in central Waller County. Daniel C. Singletary opened the area's first post office and grocery store in 1886 and named the community in honor of his daughter Mona. Although the office discontinued postal service to the surrounding agricultural community in 1913, the community still had a school and a cotton gin. In 1941 Monaville reported a population of seventy-five. In 1987 Monaville remained an agricultural and livestock-raising community with one business. The community reported a population of 180 in 1990 and 2000.
Mildred W. Abshier, et al., Former Post Offices of Waller County (Hempstead, Texas: Waller County Historical Society, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William Reed, "MONAVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlm78), accessed August 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.