PALMVIEW, TEXAS. Palmview is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 83 and Farm Road 2061, eight miles northwest of McAllen in Hidalgo County. It may have had its origins in the town of Mamie, which was established at the site in 1904 as a station on the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway. Palmview incorporated in 1978, when it had an estimated population of 220. Its population was estimated at 1,818 in 1990. By 2000 the population reached 4,107.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "PALMVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlpsb), accessed March 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.