SOUTH TEXARKANA, TX
SOUTH TEXARKANA, TEXAS. South Texarkana is off Farm Road 558 just south of Texarkana in eastern Bowie County. It grew up after 1900 and was incorporated before 1950. The reported population in 1952 was 316; in 1992 the number of residents had grown to 370. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SOUTH TEXARKANA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlshy), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.