WOODLOCH, TEXAS. Woodloch is located off Farm Road 1314 about thirty miles north of Houston and eight miles southeast of Conroe in south central Montgomery County. By the mid-1970s this residential development on the West Fork of the San Jacinto River, named for the surrounding wooded region, had incorporated. Woodloch had a population of 351 in 1980. That figure declined to 291 in 1990 and 247 in 2000. Many residents commute to work in Houston.
Laurie E. Jasinski
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.