ADDIELOU, TEXAS. Addielou, eleven miles northeast of Detroit in northwestern Red River County, was founded about 1910. Sam H. Patterson operated a post office in his general store there from 1916 to 1925, when rural delivery from Manchester replaced the office. The population was fifteen in 1920 and 100 in 1930; in 1940 one store and fifty persons were reported. In 1986 and in 2000 the community had a population of thirty-one.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "ADDIELOU, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hna09), accessed July 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.