CLEAR SPRINGS, TX (GUADALUPE COUNTY)
CLEAR SPRINGS, TEXAS (Guadalupe County). Clear Springs is at the intersection of Farm roads 25 and 578, nine miles northwest of Seguin in northwestern Guadalupe County. German immigrants came to the area in 1845. The community had a post office called Bernhardsville from 1874 to 1875, when the name was changed to Clear Springs. In the 1890s Clear Springs had a general store, a cotton gin, and a population of 100. The post office was discontinued in 1906, but the community remained. Clear Springs had two businesses and a school in 1946; the school was consolidated with the New Braunfels district by the 1950s. In 1990 a church and several businesses served a resident population of sixty. In 2000 the population was reported as 200.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CLEAR SPRINGS, TX (GUADALUPE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnc71), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.