FAUGHT, TEXAS. Faught is at the intersection of Farm roads 195 and 196, eight miles northeast of Paris in northeast Lamar County. In 1893 the community acquired a post office named for its first postmaster, Dr. Robert Faught. At the time the settlement had two businesses, a corn mill, and a population of twenty. The post office was discontinued in 1905, but 1936 state highway maps showed two churches and a cemetery, a school, two businesses, and multiple dwellings at the townsite. The World War II period brought an increase in population to 100, but from 1949 until the mid-1970s the population remained at twenty. Faught recorded twenty-five residents from 1974 to 1990, when the community had one business, a church, and a town hall.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jana Jordan, "FAUGHT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnf13), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.