FEDOR, TEXAS. Fedor, also known as Moab, West Yegua, and Long Prairie, is eight miles north of Manheim in north central Lee County. It was settled in the late 1850s by a group of Wends from Serbin, Texas, who organized Trinity Lutheran Church in 1870. A post office was established in 1880 and called Fedor in honor of Fedor Soder, a local merchant. In 1884 Fedor had an estimated population of 130 and a steam saw, a gristmill, a cotton gin, and a school. By 1900 many of Fedor's residents had moved to Thorndale, and in 1905 the post office was discontinued. Since the 1930s the population in Fedor has remained relatively stable, with eighty-six residents reported in 1936 and seventy-six in 1990 and 2000.
Lee County Historical Survey Committee, A History of Lee County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ray Spitzenberger, "FEDOR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnf15), accessed September 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.