FAIRVIEW, TX (HOOD COUNTY)
FAIRVIEW, TEXAS (Hood County). Fairview is a small rural community located off Farm Road 51 about four miles north of Granbury in northern Hood County. The hamlet probably began about the 1880s, and early settlers included the Baccus, Barton, Dillard, Liles, and Peveler families. The oldest grave in the Fairview Cemetery is that of Lewis J. Peveler, Sr., who died in 1883. By the early 1900s Fairview had a school, and the Fairview district was one of thirty-seven common school districts in Hood County in 1920. County highway maps in the 1930s showed the school and dwellings in the vicinity. By the 1950s the school had closed. No population figures were reported for Fairview until 2000, when the community reported thirty residents. In 2004 a longtime house of worship, the Baptist church, still had active membership, and Fairview Cemetery was still used by area families.
Fairview Cemetery website (http://www.granburydepot.org/church/fairview.htm), accessed January 4, 2005.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "FAIRVIEW, TX (HOOD COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnf55), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.