GROSVENOR, TEXAS. Grosvenor, on Farm Road 1850 some sixteen miles northwest of Brownwood in western Brown County, was named for United States representative Charles H. Grosvenor of Ohio. A post office opened at the settlement in 1900, and by 1914 the community of fifty residents supported three stores. By 1940 it had one or two businesses, an elementary school, and forty-two residents. Its post office closed during the mid-1970s. In 1980 the estimated population of Grosvenor was thirty-one. Though the town was still shown on county highway maps, no population estimates were available in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "GROSVENOR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng36), accessed July 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Modified on February 12, 2014. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.