HIGHLAND, TX (ERATH COUNTY)
HIGHLAND, TEXAS (Erath County). Highland, on Farm Road 2156 ten miles northwest of Dublin in northwestern Erath County, is in a plateau ranching area originally settled about 1880. John S. Blackstock became the first postmaster at the community in 1890, but the post office was discontinued about 1904. In 1947 Highland had a school, a store, and forty-five residents. By 1980 its population had increased to sixty, where it remained through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HIGHLAND, TX (ERATH COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnh25), accessed November 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles