LEEDALE, TEXAS. Leedale is on Farm Road 437 and the Whatley Branch of South Elm Creek, sixteen miles east of Belton in southeastern Bell County. It apparently first developed in the early 1900s as a school community near the older community of Gindale. Leedale reported one business and a population of twenty-five in 1946. In 1948 it had a store, a gas station, and a cotton gin, and by 1964 Leedale had a population of twenty living in scattered dwellings and appears to have absorbed Gindale. In 1990 Leedale reported sixteen inhabitants. The population remained the same in 2000.
Oscar Lewis, On the Edge of the Black Waxy: A Cultural Survey of Bell County (Washington University Studies, St. Louis, 1948).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "LEEDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnl21), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.