LOTTA, TEXAS. Lotta is on Farm Road 9 three miles from the Louisiana border and fifteen miles east of Marshall in eastern Harrison County. It had a post office for six months in 1915, and the post office and community were named by J. E. McLemore for his wife. The Louisiana and Arkansas Railway passed through the community until the line was rebuilt further north in the 1950s. The population of Lotta was estimated at ten in 1936, when the community had a district school and one business. There was a tank farm of the Gulf Oil Company on the site in 1946. In 1978 the community had several scattered dwellings, and its population continued to be estimated at ten through 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Sallie M. Lentz, "LOTTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnl46), accessed August 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.