PARVIN, TEXAS. Parvin is off of Farm Road 1385 in extreme east central Denton County. It was established about 1854 as the Rue Settlement, when it was the site of a log building that served both as school and Presbyterian church. The name was changed at some point to honor Henry Parvin, a local landowner. The community had a store, a blacksmith shop, a church, and a few houses before 1900. From the middle 1930s to 2000 Parvin reported a population of forty-four.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "PARVIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnp10), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.