RACHAL, TEXAS. Rachal, twenty-one miles south of Falfurrias on U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 755 in south central Brooks County, was established in 1913 and named for E. R. Rachal, the first tax assessor in Brooks County. In 1936 the community had ten inhabitants and one business. By 1945 it had a population of forty and two businesses. After 1964 the population fluctuated between thirty and forty. In 1990 the dispersed community had a population of thirty-six and two businesses. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "RACHAL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnr02), accessed August 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.