SARCO, TEXAS. Sarco was on Farm Road 2441 eleven miles south of Goliad in southern Goliad County. The first post office existed from 1880 to 1883; the last was established under the name Sarco Creek in 1907 and operated until 1923. At some point the community maintained a school. Although the Texas Almanac listed a population of fifty from 1968 to 1986, the State Department of Highways and the county highway map designated Sarco as a rural cemetery in 1984. The population was reported in 1990 as forty. In 2000 the population was seventy-eight.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Craig H. Roell, "SARCO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns19), accessed July 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.