STITH, TEXAS. Stith, at the intersection of Farm roads 605 and 1235, ten miles southwest of Hawley in southern Jones County, developed after the Godwin Ranch was divided for farms in the early 1900s. B. W. Moore was the first storekeeper in 1907. The population was ten in 1915 and eighteen from 1940 to 1990. In 2000 the population reached fifty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."STITH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns87), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.