UHLAND, TEXAS. Uhland, on Farm Road 21 eleven miles northeast of San Marcos on the Hays-Caldwell county line, developed in the 1890s on the site of the former Live Oak community. Uhland had a post office from 1892 to 1902, and the community's businessmen served the ranchers and cotton farmers around Plum Creek for more than half a century. By 1910 the community had a cotton gin and two stores, and in 1950 the census listed seven businesses and 140 residents. In 1970 Uhland recorded no businesses and a population of ninety. In 1990 the population was 368. The population was 386 in 2000.
Mary Starr Barkley, A History of Central Texas (Austin: Austin Printing, 1970).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Daniel P. Greene, "UHLAND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnu01), accessed October 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.