ANTIOCH, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
ANTIOCH, TEXAS (Freestone County). Antioch is on Farm Road 1364 six miles southeast of Fairfield in east central Freestone County. The Antioch Baptist Church was organized in 1873, and the church building was also used for a school known as East Antioch School. The school had thirteen pupils enrolled in 1893 and thirty-two in 1899. It was moved to Turlington in 1908. In 1936 the community had a church, a school, and a few scattered dwellings. By the 1960s only the church, the cemetery, and one dwelling remained.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "ANTIOCH, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra81), accessed October 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.