ABE, TEXAS. Abe was a rural community five miles southwest of Lovelady in southwestern Houston County. The site was settled in the mid-1880s. A post office operated there in 1887 and 1888. At that time Abe had a store, a mill and gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ABE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hracf), accessed August 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.