ANNAVILLE, TEXAS. Annaville was on Highway 9 at Violet Road just west of Calallen in northern Nueces County. It was established in 1940 by Leo and Anna Stewart of Corpus Christi, who divided up their land into lots, opened a store, and named the site Annaville. An elementary school was opened; it later became part of the Calallen Independent School District. In 1952 the community had a reported population of 240 and twelve businesses. During the mid-1960s the area was annexed by Corpus Christi.
Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ANNAVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrajf), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.