AGISTHA, TEXAS. Agistha was on the northwestern edge of the site of present Longview in north central Gregg County. The settlement was probably established in the 1890s. A post office opened there in 1899 and closed in 1901. Around 1900 the community had a general store and a number of houses. By the early 1920s it no longer appeared on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "AGISTHA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrakw), accessed July 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.