BOWSER, TEXAS. Bowser is near the intersection of Farm roads 45 and 765, nine miles north of Richland Springs in northwestern San Saba County. The community was established by residents who got flooded out of the nearby community of Bowser Bend. The Bowser post office operated from 1892 to 1921. The Martin gin began operating in Bowser in 1891 and continued to run there for about fifty years. Bowser had a population of 100 in 1896, when it also had a cotton gin, a school, a gristmill, and Methodist, Baptist, and Christian churches. By the early 1930s Bowser had two businesses and a population of twenty-four, and by the late 1940s its population had risen to fifty. The Bowser Community Church was still at the site in 1983. In 2000 the population was twenty.
San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "BOWSER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb49), accessed September 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.