BROOKLYN, TEXAS. Brooklyn was sixteen miles northeast of Center in northeastern Shelby County. A post office was established in the community in 1872, with Wiett S. Childress as postmaster; the office was discontinued in 1883, and local mail was sent to Tomday. The community had a one-room school in 1903.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "BROOKLYN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrb92), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.