BECK'S CHAPEL, TX
BECK'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Beck's Chapel was off Farm Road 59 eleven miles south of Athens in southern Henderson County. It was founded in the late 1840s by David A. Anding and his family and was evidently named for an early church. A local school was operating by 1906, when it had an enrollment of forty-three. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a vacant school building, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved out of the area, and in the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BECK'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbyb), accessed July 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.