BROWN'S VALLEY, TX
BROWN'S VALLEY, TEXAS. Brown's Valley, near Farm Road 636 four miles northwest of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. At one time it had a church, a store, and a gin. By the mid-1930s only a few scattered houses remained. Children in the area attended school in Kerens or Bazette. In the early 1990s Brown's Valley was a dispersed rural community.
Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BROWN'S VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrbyn), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.