CAMP WORTH, TX
CAMP WORTH, TEXAS. Camp Worth was on Arenosa Creek and a country road, ten miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. It was founded as a timber camp of the Frost Lumber Industries and was named for the lumber mills manager, Worth Whited. A tram line was built to the site in the 1920s or 1930s, and in 1940 the community had a church, scattered dwellings, and a school. By the 1980s no buildings remained on the site, though it was still listed on state highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CAMP WORTH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc17), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.