COTTON CENTER, TX (FANNIN COUNTY)
COTTON CENTER, TEXAS (Fannin County). Cotton Center is on Farm Road 271 five miles southeast of Bonham in central Fannin County. The community was established in 1912 by George Williams when he built a cotton gin there. Throughout its history the settlement has served as a community center for area farmers. In 1966 it had a store and a cotton gin. In 1990 the population of Cotton Center was estimated at five. The population remained the same in 2000.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977). Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "COTTON CENTER, TX (FANNIN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc92), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.