CRYSTAL LAKE, TEXAS. Crystal Lake is a rural church and recreation community by Crystal Lake on U.S. Highway 84 and the Texas State Railroad, eight miles east of Palestine in eastern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a number of dwellings, a golf course, and a school belonging to the Swanson Spring school district. The school served forty-nine pupils in 1932, but by 1955 had been consolidated with the Palestine school. In 1982 Crystal Lake had Antioch Church and several scattered dwellings; by 1985 one business was located there. The nearby Crystal Lake has fishing and camping facilities and is used by the Crystal Lake Country Club. In 2000 the population was twenty.
Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.