CADDELL, TEXAS. Caddell was on Caddell Creek and a country road twenty-five miles south of San Augustine in far southern San Augustine County. The community received a post office in 1890 and had a population of fifty by 1896. The Caddell school enrolled twenty-eight students in 1904. In 1940 the community had scattered dwellings, a cemetery, and a school. The site was inundated by Sam Rayburn Reservoir in the 1960s; Caddell Cove, an inlet on the lake, preserves the name of the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CADDELL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccs), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.