CLAY HILL, TX
CLAY HILL, TEXAS. Clay Hill, also known as Hick's Spring, is two miles north of U.S. Highway 84 and five miles northeast of Teague in west central Freestone County. It had a school and a gin owned by Johnny George. The school had an enrollment of nineteen in 1903, and church services were held in the school house. In the 1930s Clay Hill had the school and a few scattered dwellings. By 1989 only a church remained.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "CLAY HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrccx), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.