COUNTY LINE, TX (WOOD COUNTY)
COUNTY LINE, TEXAS (Wood County). County Line is a church and school community on Farm Road 2966 two miles east of Yantis in northwestern Wood County, near the Hopkins county line. A County Line school existed by 1905, when it had one teacher and twenty-eight students. In 1932 the County Line school district had thirty-nine students in eight grades. The 1947 discovery of the Yantis oilfield just to the east of County Line appeared to have no lasting effect on the community, and by the late 1950s it consisted of only a church and widely scattered dwellings along country roads. The 1988 county highway map showed a church at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "COUNTY LINE, TX (WOOD COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdd), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.