CHICO SOUTH, TX
CHICO SOUTH, TEXAS. Chico South, also known as Chicon, was on the International-Great Northern Railroad two miles northeast of Natalia in southeastern Medina County. It was named for its proximity to Chacon Creek. A post office was established at Chico South in 1871 with Robert S. Ragsdale as postmaster and was discontinued in 1880. School records indicate forty-three students attending a one-teacher school in Chico South in 1907. By the 1940s the settlement had been abandoned.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "CHICO SOUTH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcdx), accessed July 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.