CRECY, TEXAS. Crecy, on Farm Road 233 eleven miles northeast of Groveton in northeastern Trinity County, was settled after the Civil War by the Terry family. A post office was established there in 1899, and in 1900 Crecy had two general stores and a population of twenty-five. The community began to decline during the 1930s. Its post office closed in 1936, and after World War II many of its residents moved away. In 1990 only a store and a few scattered houses remained in the area. In 2000 the population was fifteen.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CRECY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcgd), accessed October 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.