CHERRY GROVE, TX
CHERRY GROVE, TEXAS. Cherry Grove was off State highways 19 and 154 some seven miles north of Sulphur Springs in north central Hopkins County. A public school was operating there by 1898, when it had an enrollment of fifty-two black students. In the mid-1930s Cherry Grove had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the North Hopkins School District, and by the early 1960s a church and a cemetery remained at the site. In the late 1980s Cherry Grove was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CHERRY GROVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrchf), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.