CRUSEVILLE, TEXAS. Cruseville was just off U.S. Highway 259 six miles north of Nacogdoches in northern Nacogdoches County. The area was probably settled before the Civil War and during its early years was known variously as Cruse's Store and as Cruseville; the latter name was used in 1880 when a post office opened. Its post office closed in 1882, reopened in 1893 under the name Thrash, after store owner Lee H. Thrash, and closed the following year. The community apparently declined after 1900, and by the 1930s it no longer appeared on highway maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Richard W. Haltom, The History of Nacogdoches County, Texas (Nacogdoches, 1880; rpt., Austin: Jenkins, 197-).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CRUSEVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcmp), accessed November 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.