CONNOR CREEK, TX
CONNOR CREEK, TEXAS. The Connor Creek community, named after Delaware Indian chief John Connor, was near the junction of Connor Creek on Possum Kingdom Lake in southeast Young County. It was on part of a league given to Chief Connor on October 13, 1857, by the Texas legislature for his services to Texas. An estimated fifty families lived in the area in the 1880s. The Connor Creek school had twenty-four pupils in 1881 and 1897 and twenty-one in 1904. The community used the Finnis Cemetery four miles east in Jack County. In 1930 scattered residences were in the area, but Connor Creek was no longer identified on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Barbara A. Neal Ledbetter, "CONNOR CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcpx), accessed November 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles