COFFEE, TEXAS. Coffee, on Farm Road 69 and the banks of Coffee Creek, eleven miles southeast of Sulphur Springs in southeastern Hopkins County, was settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a school, and a cemetery. After World War II most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Como school district, and by the early 1960s only a cemetery and a few houses remained in the area. In the late 1980s Coffee was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "COFFEE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcwd), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.