CRAIG, TX (RUSK COUNTY)
CRAIG, TEXAS (Rusk County). Craig is on State Highway 322 eight miles north of Henderson in north central Rusk County. The site, adjacent to the J. W. Crim plantation, was settled in 1834. Crim donated the land for an early church. A post office operated under the name Crim from 1887 to 1893 and from 1902 until sometime after 1904. In 1945 the community had a church, a school, and a cemetery. After World War II the name Craig or Craig Community gradually supplanted the name Crims Chapel. In 1980 the settlement had two churches and a cemetery.
Dorman H. Winfrey, A History of Rusk County (Waco: Texian, 1961).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "CRAIG, TX (RUSK COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcwh), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.