DADS CORNER, TX
DADS CORNER, TEXAS. Dads (Dad's) Corner, twelve miles northwest of Archer City in north central Archer County, was established during the oil boom of the early 1920s and was named for oilman C. M. "Dad" Joinerqv. The community was never large and declined with the slowing of the boom. By the mid-1930s it reported one rated business and a population of fifty; residents numbered fifty for several decades, although by the mid-1950s no businesses were reported at the community. The population of Dads Corner had declined to twenty by the mid-1960s, when population statistics were last available. The 1984 county highway map showed one business at Dads Corner. In 1986 a Texas Historical Marker was erected in honor of the community. Dads Corner was still shown on county highway maps in 2000.
Leta Byrne Gage, Archer County through Ninety-Eight Years (M.A. thesis, East Texas State College, 1957). Winnie D. Nance, A History of Archer County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1927).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "DADS CORNER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd01), accessed July 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.