EDEN, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
EDEN, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Eden, on Farm Road 225 some twelve miles west of Nacogdoches in western Nacogdoches County, had a small school and church in 1897. The school, known as Longview, was at a site on Dick Clevenger's farm and at one time had thirty-three students. In 1924 another building was established on the property of Tom Collins, but after 1940 the Eden school was consolidated with that of Douglass. A cemetery and a community center remained in the area in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Kim Perkins, "EDEN, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre06), accessed July 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.